New Revenue Licensing Requirement for Mineral Oil & Fuel Industry

What are the main changes to the current licensing requirements?

Revenue is tackling the illicit trade in mineral oil on a number of fronts. Measures relating to the licensing of traders dealing in auto fuel and marked fuel included in the Finance Act, 2012 will support Revenue in this work. A new Marked-Fuel Trader’s Licence will be required by traders who produce, hold, deal in, or deliver marked gas oil or marked kerosene. This new requirement will come into effect from 1st October 2012.

An Auto-Fuel Trader’s Licence will replace the Mineral Oil Trader’s Licence and this new requirement will come into effect from 1st July 2012. Traders who deal in auto fuel products and marked fuel products must hold both types of Licence.
A separate Licence is required for each premises or place from which a trader operates.
A new Monthly Return of Oil Movements (ROM1) will be introduced from 1 January 2013. The return will require mandatory e-filing by all Licence holders.

I currently hold a Mineral Oil Trader’s Licence - What do I need to do?
The Mineral Oil Trader’s Licence will expire on 30th June 2012 and is being replaced with a new Auto-Fuel Trader’s Licence, for traders in petrol and auto diesel, from 1st July 2012. As this is the first year of operation of the Auto-Fuel Trader’s Licence, the National Excise Licence Office will send you a First Time Application Notice approximately three weeks before your existing Mineral Oil Trader’s Licence expires. On receipt of your First Time Application Notice you may apply for your Licence using the Payment Options.

Read More…

RTE Business Headlines